Wednesday, June 30, 2010

#4 "The attack of the gay love, race changes, and nu-rave choirs"


Hey everyone! Jesus this week has been unbearably hot, I've even managed to reach the ultimate tan level where It's just being presumed that I am mixed race, much to my best friend Melody's distress as she continuously purchases hours of sun-bed minutes to keep up the notion that she is in fact, actually a black person.


Had a busy week working at the vintage shop/cafe, the venue got booked for a private "Caribbean Night" event ; jerked chicken, reggae music, and Rastafarian's showcasing some serious dance moves - sounds great huh? Sorry, I think you're forgetting to take into account one thing : U.F.B.W aka "unfriendly black women".

You laugh, but just wait till your faced with a whole herd of them, screaming at you that their drink doesn't have the right amount of pineapple juice, ice, and things like "Ummm I KNOW you didn't just touch my straw? That is a health an safety violation!".  Basically, dealing with that from 6pm till 4:30am...dark times.


All of the work stress aside, had a nice relaxing weekend out and went to see my best friend Miguel's sister's band Gaggle. They're an all girls nu-rave choir complete with neon crazy outfits, strobe lights, and dubstep drumbeats in the background whilst they sing and chant in a choir like formation. Apart from there being a vast amount of hostile lesbians (it was a lesbian charity event night, but hey don't frown at me because I'm wearing cute shoes), it was one of the best gigs I'd been to in a while. They're doing some British festivals like The Big Chill and Bestival, so if per chance you're going, make sure you check them out live!


Check out their music on http://www.myspace.com/gagglespace

And check out their track "I Hear Flies" on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkx8j6-ymgg

it's like being on an acid trip inside a church - what more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment