Friday, June 18, 2010

#3 "The good, the bad, and the amazingly hideous"

It’s been a busy few weeks, and for the next few days I’ve added traveling to Holland and eating a fatal overdose of cheese to my schedule by hopping on a plane to Amsterdam (whilst hyperventilating into a paper bag of course, because I’d probably rather be driven across the boarder in a truck full of farm animals and Mexicans).

I arrived in Amsterdam in the evening and made a beeline for Rotterdam to meet the Paay family to celebrate my oma’s (grandma) 84th birthday for a nice dinner.
Of course, being me, I couldn’t board an airplane knowingly about to see my mother without putting on my most amazing so-disgusting-it-works outfit. I opted for an 80’s patterned dress, complete with a colour pallet of peach, apple green, and canary yellow (yes it’s as bad as it sounds, and it’s previous owner was probably an old woman with a lot of cats).

Disappointingly enough I can report that my mother merely flinched/gagged when having spotted my outfit, and instead concentrated on my “power brows” or as she likes to call them “Brutus brows”. I know I already have big eyebrows that could rival that of Burt from Sesame Street, but what can I say? I love Madonna enhanced eyebrows – and I’m damn proud of it!

So mom, this weeks article goes out to you.

May the fact that I photographically documented that I own this dress, haunt you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment